Tuesday 12 February 2013

Somehow..this brought tears to my eyes


I met this buyer at the Rupa stall and, recognising me as the author, he had his copy signed...After reading The Sergeant's Son he gets back to me.... 

dear ashim sir,
                  i was really moved by the book.i guess the kalu's fiction was your childhood reality, as much as i empathized it to be mine.my father was equally dominant and tyrant in those days which i attribute to airman's life.post retirement he became SDM in rajasthan and  about being in airforce told that he sold himself cheap in his life.me and my siblings studied in KVs unlike samar biswas' priviliged kids.sir i was a topper in my school all life and had many fan followings, but still like kalu led a prismatic life shifting between being the best and hiding the reality of being airman's son amongst the kids of colonels and wing commanders......
     
     your book is a great emotive walk through the life of a lower middle class family symbolic of any sergeant or havildar's life.hats off to your literary skills blended with your humble but high origins.i have put ur book on my facebook for popularity and suggested it to many.
  Thanks a lot sir.
sunil beniwal
   
Sunil Beniwal is Deputy Resident Commissioner, Govt of Chattisgarh

No comments:

Post a Comment